Stock Market Hours & Holiday
Stock Market Trading Hours
Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange have trading hours of 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday, with the exception of the stock market holidays listed below.
There is also an extended session for market participants (Participating Organizations and Members)
from 4:15 to 5:00 p.m. ET each trading day.
2016 Stock Market Holidays - Stock Markets Closed
- New Year's Day - Friday, January 1
- Family Day - Monday, February 15
- Good Friday - Friday, March 25
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 23
- Canada Day - Friday, July 1
- Civic Holiday - Monday, August 1
- Labour Day - Monday, September 5
- Thanksgiving Day - Monday, October 10
- Christmas Day - Monday, December 26*
- Boxing Day - Tuesday, December 27**
* in lieu of Christmas Day on Sunday December 25
** in lieu of Boxing Day on Monday December 26
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 18
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 30
- Independence Day - Monday, July 4
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 24
* U.S. holidays which affect settlement dates for securities traded in US dollars.
** in lieu of Christmas Day on Sunday December 25
Settlement Schedule for 2016 Holidays
Please find the following link to our 2016 holiday settlement schedule.