Stock Market Hours & Holiday
Stock Market Trading Hours
Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange have trading hours of 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday, with the exception of the stock market holidays listed below.
There is also an extended session for market participants (Participating Organizations and Members)
from 4:15 to 5:00 p.m. ET each trading day.
2017 Stock Market Holidays - Stock Markets Closed
- New Year's Day - Monday, January 2, 2017 *
- Family Day - Monday, February 20, 2017
- Good Friday - Friday, April 14, 2017
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 22, 2017
- Canada Day - Monday, July 3, 2017 **
- Civic Holiday - Monday, August 7, 2017
- Labour Day - Monday, September 4, 2017
- Thanksgiving Day - Monday, October 9, 2017
- Christmas Day - Monday, December 25, 2017
- Boxing Day - Tuesday, December 26, 2017
* in lieu of New Years Day, Sunday January 1
** in lieu of Canada Day, Saturday July 1
U.S. Holidays *
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 16, 2017
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 29, 2017
- Independence Day - Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 23, 2017
* U.S. holidays which affect settlement dates for securities traded in US dollars.